Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Eoghan Barry

no leída,
1 abr 2019, 7:04:11 a.m.1/4/19
para Irish Go
Hi all

I am soliciting entries for this year's Top 8 tournament. Entry is open
to Irish nationals, and to non-nationals who have been permanently
resident in Ireland for at least five years, and are eligible for Irish
citizenship. The winner will play defending champion James Hutchinson
for the title of Irish Go Champion. All players in the Top 8 will also
receive points towards the World Amateur Go Championship (aka Japan points).

The Top 8 will begin with a kick-off weekend: four rounds played over
April 27th and 28th at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin. Attendance at the
kick-off is mandatory. Remaining games are arranged by the contending
players, and may be played online if necessary - any games unplayed at
the end of September will be considered void.

There is no fee for the Top 8, but you must be a member of the IGA to
play. I'll collect outstanding membership fees at the kick-off weekend.

Email me by April 10th to indicate your interest. There are four slots
available - if I receive more than four entries, there will be play-off
games to determine who takes the places. Play-offs will be completed by
April 20th.

Cheers

Eoghan

John Gibson

no leída,
1 abr 2019, 6:15:30 p.m.1/4/19
para Irish Go (Mailing List)
Hi Eoghan,
  I would like yo enter but will be playing western chess in greece that weekend.
However if you can rustle up 8 for that weekend  then well and good .
In passing the two qualifiers for the final are the top two of th the top 8 ;  the previous holder has not had
the right to play in the final play off  since the exceptional year of 1994 when Noel did not play in the top 8 to allow someone different to go Japan after he had gone 1990- 1993
Regards
John

Gibson Interiors Dublin
Interior Designers
13 Harrison Row
 Dublin 6
Eicode D06 E892

e       Mobile:00353(0)87 2555420

Eoghan Barry

no leída,
2 abr 2019, 3:34:04 a.m.2/4/19
para iris...@googlegroups.com,John Gibson
I stand corrected...just as well someone pointed that out.

In the event that I get fewer entries than there are spaces, I may admit one or two people to the tournament who can't make the kick-off. However Tibi gets priority in that case, as a top 4 finisher from last year. I already have 5-6 interested though, so I'm fairly confident of getting a full 8 for the kick-off weekend.

Good luck in Greece.

Eoghan

John Gibson wrote:

    <mailto:iris...@googlegroups.com>.