iRefIndex 9.0

Paul Boddie

Nov 22, 2011, 11:32:48 AM11/22/11
to irefindex
At long last, iRefIndex 9.0 is now available for download from the
following location:

http://irefindex.uio.no/

This release is based on the most recent source interaction and
protein sequence databases available at the start of October 2011. For
more information, see the following documents:

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/Sources_iRefIndex_9.0
http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/Statistics_iRefIndex_9.0

Major changes in this release include...

* A change in the computation of RIGIDs, meaning that previously used
RIGIDs no longer correspond to those provided in this release.
* Many proteins previously assigned the 4932 taxonomy identifier have
been recategorised as having taxonomy identifier 559292.

To alleviate problems with the change in RIGIDs, a mapping has been
provided in the file legacy.txt at the following location:

ftp://ftp.no.embnet.org/irefindex/data/archive/release_9.0/

Full documentation for the evidence-centric PSI-MI TAB 2.6 files can
be found here:

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/README_MITAB2.6_for_iRefIndex_9.0

The PSICQUIC Web services for iRefIndex data will be updated with the
new dataset shortly:

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/PSICQUIC

iRefIndex data can be inspected and navigated in Cytoscape using the
iRefScape plugin:

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/iRefScape

iRefScape users can update to the iRefIndex 9.0 dataset using the
Wizard. Select the "Check for iRefIndex updates" option to initiate
the update process. Users who install iRefScape for the first time in
Cytoscape will automatically get the new data.

iRefWeb should be updated to the iRefIndex 9.0 in the near future:

http://wodaklab.org/iRefWeb/

I would like to acknowledge the assistance of Sabry Razick, Ian
Donaldson and Brian Turner in the preparation and testing of this
release.

Regards,

Paul Boddie (on behalf of the iRefIndex developers)

Ian Donaldson

Nov 22, 2011, 6:13:27 PM11/22/11
to iref...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul. I feel like we need to have a release party! Hva tror du?

Ian

http://irefindex.uio.no/

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/Sources_iRefIndex_9.0
http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/Statistics_iRefIndex_9.0

ftp://ftp.no.embnet.org/irefindex/data/archive/release_9.0/

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/README_MITAB2.6_for_iRefIndex_9.0

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/PSICQUIC

http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/iRefScape

http://wodaklab.org/iRefWeb/

Regards,

Paul Boddie

Nov 24, 2011, 10:59:32 AM11/24/11
to irefindex
On Nov 22, 5:32 pm, Paul Boddie <paul.bod...@biotek.uio.no> wrote:

> The PSICQUIC Web services for iRefIndex data will be updated with the
> new dataset shortly:
>
> http://irefindex.uio.no/wiki/PSICQUIC

The PSICQUIC and PSISCORE services should now be serving iRefIndex 9.0
data.

Paul