Hotfix for iRedMail-0.9.9: improper SQL/LDAP queries used by Dovecot

Zhang Huangbin

Dec 23, 2018, 8:55:29 AM12/23/18
to ired...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We just found one issue in the newly released iRedMail-0.9.9, please follow our instruction[1] to fix it.

- iRedMail-0.9.9 has been repacked with this fix.
- iRedMail upgrade tutorial for iRedMail-0.9.9 has been updated with this fix.

# About the issue

The SQL/LDAP query used by Dovecot introduced in iRedMail-0.9.9 doesn't convert upper cases to lower cases.

- If you always store maildir paths in lower cases, this issue doesn't impact your server.
- If you have maildir paths in upper cases, this issue will impact your server. When user logs in, Dovecot will create a new empty mailbox for the user.

# Affected iRedMail releases

- iRedMail-0.9.9
- old iRedMail releases which upgraded to iRedMail-0.9.9 manually
- iRedMail Easy (version: 2018121701. To fix it, just login to iRedMail Easy https://easy.iredmail.org, go to mail server list page, you will find an icon which indicates there's a new version available for upgrade, click it to go to Deployment page, click the Upgrade button. That's it.)

Please visit our forum[1] for detailed instruction to fix this issue.

[1] forum post with detailed instruction: https://forum.iredmail.org/topic15097.html

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).