Target runner returning NULL

Lucas Guilhon

Dec 2, 2023, 12:05:57 PM12/2/23
to The irace package: Iterated Racing for Automatic Configuration
Hello!

I'm trying to execute my target runner as a Julia script but for some reason it fails when I do a scenario check, and succeeds when I run the command manually.

Here's a screenshot to show what I mean:

Captura de tela de 2023-12-01 19-13-48.png

My target runner:
Captura de tela de 2023-12-01 19-14-40.png

I could send more information/files if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Manuel López-Ibáñez

Dec 2, 2023, 12:16:27 PM12/2/23
to The irace package: Iterated Racing for Automatic Configuration
HI,

Could you send your scenario.txt file? Which version of irace is this?

I would suggest to start with a simpler dummy script. Something that simply prints a number without including any files or calling any other function. If that doesn't work, then the problem could be in the environment that irace uses to call julia versus the environment of your shell. Otherwise, if it does work, then the problem is in your julia script.

Also, why do you need to do run(`echo $res`)? Why not simply println(res) ?

Best wishes,

Manuel.