Error using irace in python

S. Sadeghi

Nov 4, 2023, 4:26:04 PM11/4/23
to The irace package: Iterated Racing for Automatic Configuration
Hi,

I am trying to use irace in python. I followed the steps to use the package. But I get the following error.

"    from irace import irace
ImportError: cannot import name 'irace' from 'irace' (unknown location)"

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Best,
Sedigheh

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Manuel López-Ibáñez

Nov 29, 2023, 6:16:44 AM11/29/23
to The irace package: Iterated Racing for Automatic Configuration
Hi Sedigheh,

When you execute this line:

pay attention to any errors and to the location where irace is installed. Is it the same location as your version of python? In some systems you may need to use pip3 instead of pip to force Python 3.

There is another irace for python here: https://github.com/Saethox/iracepy-tiny
You may wish to also try with that (they use the same implementation of irace, only the Python interface is slightly different).

Best wishes,

Manuel.