PMSF model selection

RX ZHANG

Sep 15, 2021, 9:11:57 PM9/15/21
to IQ-TREE
Hi there,

I'm using PMSF model for dealing with LBA problem. I have a question about selecting models.

I can understand the workflow in the paper and manual that
1. build a guide tree with `LG+F+Γ` with is fast
2. build a PMSF tree based on it with `LG+C20+F+Γ` and use `-ft` to specify the guide tree file.

My question is
When I built a guide tree with `-m TEST` to try to make it accurate as mentioned in the paper. The optimum model I got is "VT+F+I+G4". Then, to use PMSF, what should I use here? Should I use "VT+F+I+G4+C20" or still use "LG+C20+F+Γ"?

Thank you in advance,
Ruixuan

Minh Bui

Sep 21, 2021, 6:59:16 AM9/21/21
to IQ-TREE, RX ZHANG
Hi Ruixuan,

Yes, you should better use VT+F+I+G4+C20 for your data. I’m just not sure if +I works with +C20. In case not, remove +I, i.e.: VT+F+G4+C20.

Cheers
Minh

RX ZHANG

Sep 29, 2021, 3:09:06 AM9/29/21