Help for "Please rename sequences listed above!"

Josué TOGO

Aug 24, 2021, 3:08:27 AM8/24/21
to IQ-TREE
Hi,

Thanks for developping IQtree!

I am encountering sequence renaming issue.

When i Run this iqtree -s 'multi fasta file' > tree1.log  It says ERROR: Please rename sequences listed above!
I have changed some ids but still the same thing.

Best

Josue

Minh Bui

Aug 25, 2021, 12:49:21 AM8/25/21
to IQ-TREE, Josué TOGO
Hi Josue,

This error is because you have duplicated sequence names in the alignment. If you look further up a bit in the log file, you will see some error like:

ERROR: Duplicated sequence name XXX

This gives you a hint what needs to be renamed.

Minh