[Indy Quarter Scale Racers] IQSR Election

1 view

J.R. Parsley

Nov 5, 2017, 6:28:28 AM11/5/17
to iq...@googlegroups.com
The IQSR election is fast approaching! We have two candidates running for Club President and they are Jason Cook and Scott Rance. The election will be held at the IQSR Banquet on December 2nd at the Chris Stump household. If you cannot attend the banquet and are a current club member, you can still vote via email. We will have more details on this published right here very soon. Here is an introduction letter from Scott Rance about his intent to run for IQSR Club President.

November 4, 2017
Indy Quarter Scale Racers

Dear Indy Quarter Scale Racers:

I am writing to state my intent to run for President of IQSR for the 2018 season.   I have been racing RC cars for the better part of 30 years. I started racing off-road buggies in 1987 and over the years have raced slot cars and carpet oval. I was fortunate to win two National Titles racing carpet before I was introduced to Quarter Scale racing. I joined IQSR in 2014 and my enthusiasm for racing Quarter scale cars was ignited.

I have a passion for racing and look forward to sharing that passion as the Club President for IQSR and Ingalls Motor Speedway. Racing is competitive but in these past 3 years it has been the outlet for building friendships, supporting my fellow racers and having FUN.

My wife Kim and I live in Brownsburg, Indiana and have 4 sons.  In our spare time, we enjoy spending time with our almost 3 year old grandson Jackson and traveling to Quarter Scale races in the Midwest.

I am committed to doing my best as your club President and ask that you support me in this year’s election.

Sincerely, Scott Rance #25

--
Posted By J.R. Parsley to Indy Quarter Scale Racers at 11/05/2017 06:28:00 AM

J.R. Parsley

Nov 5, 2017, 8:09:16 PM11/5/17
to iq...@googlegroups.com
The IQSR election is fast approaching! We have two candidates running for Club President and they are Jason Cook and Scott Rance. The election will be held at the IQSR Banquet on December 2nd at the Chris Stump household. If you cannot attend the banquet and are a current club member, you can still vote via email. We will have more details on this published right here very soon. Here is a candidacy letter from Jason Cook about his intent to continue as IQSR Club President.

Hello IQSR membership. Mr. Rance has declared his intentions to challenge me for my job. A job that I have given 110% to for the last 3 years. I will not go into my racing resume, my track record as your leader speaks for itself. I still have work to do in order for me to finish what I started here. My end game was to give Midwest 1/4 scale racers a place to race for many years after I have gone. Would appreciate the opportunity to complete my goals. That being said, if the right person came to me with the intentions of accepting the responsibility if running this club , I would gladly step down and offer my services to make the transition go smoothly , and slowing make my exit. If Mr. Rance wins the election, I will step away immediately. That means the club will need to find a NEW race director, someone to do track and lawn care. As well as dealing with scheduling, points, and keeping the town happy. The election will be on December 2nd at the awards banquet, "if" Mr. Rance wins , this will be my last day. Thank you all for your support over the last 9 years i have been involved with this great club , and I will see you next month.

Jason Cook
IQSR president.

--
Posted By J.R. Parsley to Indy Quarter Scale Racers at 11/05/2017 08:09:00 PM