[Indy Quarter Scale Racers] Season Finale Oct. 20th

J.R. Parsley

Oct 7, 2018, 5:13:40 AM10/7/18
to iq...@googlegroups.com

The season finale, the final hurrah, whatever you may call it, it will be a spectacular ending to the 2018 season at IQSR. We are running The Sportsman 500, The Richard Hindmand 150 for Sprint Cars, The Limited 125, and The Halloween Hundred for ECM's. All of these races will be decided at Ingalls Motor Speedway on Oct. 20th.

This is a very unique race, because there is no heat races. You line up for the Mains by your fast lap in group qualifying. TQ starts on the pole, second fast will start 2nd in the Main, an so on. This is a trophy race. All winners in all divisions will receive a plaque on a later date. Out of town winners will have them mailed, club members will receive their winning plaque at the 2018 Season Banquet.

The Sportsman 500 is a grueling race in itself. It is a race of pace, consistency, tire wear, and luck. 500 laps around The Ingalls Motor Speedway is longer than you can imagine, it is exactly 27.93 miles of distance packed into an hour long race that can bring a roller coaster of emotions. There will be red flag fuel stops at lap 50, 125, 200, 275, 350, and 425.

The Richard Hindman Memorial 150 Sprint Car Race is the longest distance that a Sprint Car's will race all season in a race. This race was named after one of our late IQSR members that we lost too soon. It's a 150 laps around Ingalls Motor Speedway with red flag fuel stops at 50 and 100 laps.

The Limited 125 is simply that, a 125 lap race for the Limited Sportsman Division with a red flag fuel stop at lap 50.

The Halloween Hundred, is a 100 lap race for the ECM Division with a fuel stop at 50 laps. Sadly, this may be the last event for the ECM cars at IQSR due to the fact that several drivers are moving to different classes for The 2019 Season.

All races are a challenge around the infamous "Mini-Madhouse", and a honor to win. We hope to see you there! Here is the schedule for October 20th;

Open practice 9am-11am
Lunch/ driver's meeting 11am-12pm
Qualifying 12pm
Racing follows

--
Posted By J.R. Parsley to Indy Quarter Scale Racers at 10/07/2018 05:13:00 AM