January meeting

Kerry Buckley

Jan 4, 2013, 10:12:43 AM1/4/13
to ip...@googlegroups.com

Well the Mayans were wrong, we safely made it to 2013, and it's time for the first IPRUG of the year. Usual time and place, but a week later than usual – Tuesday 8 January.

Only one talk confirmed so far – Adam will be passing on some tips for writing beautiful code!

If anyone else has a talk up their sleeve let me know, otherwise you'll either be subjected to some poorly-prepared nonsense from me on some random subject, or maybe just have extra drinking time afterwards.

Even if you don't have anything you can be ready to talk about by Tuesday, please have a think about doing something in a future month. We seem to be getting short of volunteer presenters, and I'm not as good as Tom at pressganging people into it!

Kerry

Frank Carver

Jan 4, 2013, 10:34:06 AM1/4/13
to ip...@googlegroups.com
I haven't got time to prepare it for this month, but next time I'd be
happy to do a talk about Raspberry Pi, the very low cost ARM-based
embedded computer which can run all sorts of things including ruby.
I've been having loads of fun with mine over the last week or so.

Kerry Buckley

Jan 4, 2013, 10:35:23 AM1/4/13
to ip...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Thanks Frank – I'll pencil you in for February.

Kerry