Next meeting Tuesday March

Kerry Buckley

Feb 12, 2013, 11:59:22 AM2/12/13
to ip...@googlegroups.com
As usual we'll be meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, which is 5 March, 7pm for a 7.30 start. Unlike those crazy FE Suffolk guys with their new venue, we'll still be at the Brewery Tap.

This month we're doing lightning talks, and it would be good if as many people as possible could do one. So start thinking now about something you can do a very quick talk about – it's up do you whether you just want to do a straight five-minute talk, or try the Pecha Kucha format of 20 slides, with 20 seconds per slide (preferably auto-advancing).

Once you've decided what you're going to talk about, please reply here to let everyone know.

See you in three weeks!

Kerry

Steve Butterworth

Feb 13, 2013, 4:55:08 AM2/13/13
to ip...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to do a talk on "Big Data, quick wins with RoR" - How to use a vanilla Rails setup top process large amounts of data

Kerry Buckley

Feb 14, 2013, 4:07:48 AM2/14/13
to ip...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, 13 February 2013 09:55:08 UTC, Steve Butterworth wrote:
I'm going to do a talk on "Big Data, quick wins with RoR" - How to use a vanilla Rails setup top process large amounts of data

Cool – thanks Steve!