O'rielly User Group program

Mr Jaba

Sep 1, 2010, 9:51:58 AM9/1/10
to IPRUG
Hey Guys,

Excellent news! We have just been accepted into the O'reilly User Group program! Which means we can get a nice 35% discount on books ordered from them for members *and* review copies of books and other promotional materials (we do have to provide a review though).

If you want the details to get the discount, drop me an email and I'll send it directly to you.

More information about the program can be found here: http://ug.oreilly.com/

If you'd like a book to review let me know and I can request it for you.

Cheers!

Tom

Dan Higham

Sep 1, 2010, 9:54:00 AM9/1/10
to ip...@googlegroups.com
Nice work Tom! Do you get the book free if you review it?
--
Dan Higham

============
http://www.tactusworks.com
Digital and Tactile Media

Mr Jaba

Sep 1, 2010, 9:58:58 AM9/1/10
to ip...@googlegroups.com
Indeed! You get a free review copy of a book (I think it has to come from the new book releases but I can clarify this) provided you provide a review which gets published on the iprug.org site. So if there's one you like then gimmie a shout with the name and url of it.

Guidelines are here:
http://ug.oreilly.com/bookreviews.html

Alkesh Vaghmaria

Aug 11, 2014, 9:38:32 AM8/11/14
to IPRUG
Is this O'reilly User Group still active?
How do I get a discount on books ordered though O’reilly?

Alkesh.

Kerry Buckley

Aug 11, 2014, 9:44:23 AM8/11/14
to ip...@googlegroups.com
Not sure. It's possible Tom's the only person who's ever got the discount…

Kerry

Mr Jaba

Aug 11, 2014, 10:09:39 AM8/11/14
to IPRUG
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if it is or not as the lady that organised it - Josette Garcia has since moved on from O'Reilly. I suspect if you emailed the new user group program Kerry you could probably set up a new one.
Alkesh - I'll take a quick look through my emails and see if there was just a plain discount code.

Mr Jaba

Aug 11, 2014, 10:12:05 AM8/11/14
to IPRUG
The discount code was OR111, but I've never actually used that

"OR111"

Alkesh Vaghmaria

Aug 11, 2014, 12:00:23 PM8/11/14
to IPRUG
I can confirm that the discount code worked, and gave a 40% discount.