Final Competition Domains and Sample Instances

Scott Sanner

Apr 20, 2011, 3:24:43 PM4/20/11
to IPPC 2011
Hi all,

The final competition will be starting in < 9 hours.

Final competition domains and a few sample instances / translations are posted to the svn repository:

The domains themselves may be altered before the final competition, but hopefully not too much.  Different instances will be used in the competition.

Note there are *7* (not 8) domains, and "Game of Life" has been included despite my earlier statement that it would be omitted.  The reason for these changes is that two other planned domains simply aren't ready for competition release at this time.

===

NOTE: I've been having difficulty obtaining compact translations for some of the new domains.  If these translation issues cannot be resolved by the start of the competition, the final competition may need to be broken into two parts (the first part running as planned but for a shorter period, the second part running when decent translations for the remaining domains become available).  Stay tuned... I'll post an update here to the IPPC list as the competition start time nears.

Cheers,
Scott

Kemal Üre

Apr 20, 2011, 8:40:52 PM4/20/11
to ippc...@googlegroups.com
Scott do we still have 24 Hours for the competition (given that we now have 7 domains not 8) ?

Scott Sanner

Apr 20, 2011, 9:09:40 PM4/20/11
to ippc...@googlegroups.com
> do we still have 24 Hours for the competition (given that we now have 7 domains not 8) ?

IPPC COMPETITORS: Due to a huge number of pending issues, the competition will be POSTPONED and will be run ASYCHRONOUSLY for a 24 hour time window within a 1 week period (more like the test competition).  I will email more instructions in a moment.

Because of the postponement, I will try to complete the 8th domain as originally planned.

-Scott