added support for partial observability on server client communication

Sungwook Yoon

Dec 22, 2010, 2:27:52 PM12/22/10
to ippc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Just added support for POMDP.
The client (competitor) will see no observation on initial turn.
Client is supposed to send "NOOP" action to server, at this time.

After that, the operation is the same as normal communication.

Check out the code and let us know if you have problems.

Next support in line is RDDL to PPDDL translation, to be done over Christmas.

Thanks,

Sungwook

Scott Sanner

Apr 12, 2011, 9:27:31 PM4/12/11
to ippc...@googlegroups.com
IPPC POMDP Competitors:

There was some miscommunication between Sungwook and me in the excerpted email below that I forgot to correct earlier.

In short, the POMDP client can send *any* action it wants on the initial turn of a trial -- it is *never* restricted to send only a NOOP.

Cheers,
Scott