[ANN] iPOPO 1.0.0

Thomas Calmant

Jan 19, 2020, 10:23:39 AM1/19/20
to ipopo...@googlegroups.com, ipop...@googlegroups.com
iPOPO v1.0.0 has been released!

What's new in 1.0.0
===================

This is the first "major" release of iPOPO, as I consider it mature enough.

The Pelix/iPOPO project is now split in two branches: iPOPO (v1 branch) and
ipopo2 (v2 branch). The v2 branch requires Python 3.7+, whereas v1 will keep
compatibility with Python 2.7.

Also, this release comes with two bug fixes:

* Fixed an error when starting the framework after having loaded native modules,
  e.g. numpy.
  These modules don't have a __path__ set, which case was not handled when the
  framework normalizes the existing module paths.
* Fixed an invalid import of collections abstract classes for Python 3.3+
  in pelix.internal.hooks.

You can take a look at the documentation at https://ipopo.readthedocs.io/
iPOPO is available on PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/iPOPO
Source is available on GitHub: https://github.com/tcalmant/ipopo
Feel free to send feedback on your experience of Pelix/iPOPO, via the
mailing lists:

    User list : http://groups.google.com/group/ipopo-users
    Development list : http://groups.google.com/group/ipopo-dev

Have fun!

Darren G

Jan 19, 2020, 10:27:44 AM1/19/20
to ipopo...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Thomas!

Long road to 1.0 and thank you for keeping at it. Well done!

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "ipopo-users".

Thomas Calmant

Jan 25, 2020, 4:55:47 AM1/25/20
to ipopo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Darren :)
Long live iPOPO !

Christophe DAVID

Mar 6, 2020, 10:46:15 AM3/6/20
to ipopo-users
Hello,

Thank you for this version 1.0 of iPOPO (better late than never, they say...). I was very happy to see this version 1.0 coming, especially since it corrected this nasty error about __path__ that some colleagues of mine who use Anaconda spotted a few days before the release.

That is the occasion for telling you that we are currently working at ONERA with SUPAERO on a software for multi-disciplinary analysis of conceptual aircraft and we are using iPOPO to plug the disciplinary modules depending on intended analysis. This is still a work in progress, but I plan to inform you when we will release our first version.

Last thing, I wanted to ask if it is intended to have so much fewer material in the v1.0.0 of the documentation than in version 0.8.1.

Best regards,
Christophe

Thomas Calmant

Mar 9, 2020, 6:42:18 AM3/9/20
to ipopo-users
Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your message.

It's great to know that iPOPO is used in such a prestigious research center :)
If you have some description material and logos, maybe I could add it the list of iPOPO users

Last thing, I wanted to ask if it is intended to have so much fewer material in the v1.0.0 of the documentation than in version 0.8.1.

It seems there is an issue with autodoc, to load the documentation from the files, I'll look into that ASAP.

Thanks,
Thomas