Future

Amanda Osvaldo

Aug 22, 2019, 2:09:59 PM8/22/19
to ipopo-users
Hi everybody.

I work a bit with OSGi and hope to implement some concepts into Python applications for a research company and I believe iPOPO it's a strong infrastructure for the company needs.
However, I'm a bit scared about the iPOPO future.

Is the iPOPO project active or is being abandoned?

Thomas Calmant

Aug 22, 2019, 5:47:26 PM8/22/19
to ipopo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda,

I'm still "managing" the project even though the project didn't evolved for some months.
The main reasons of this stall are mainly that I have fewer time than before to work on large features, and that the current users didn't ask for new features nor encountered bugs.

I hope you'll enjoy working with this framework :)

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "ipopo-users".

Amanda Osvaldo

Aug 25, 2019, 8:51:42 AM8/25/19
to ipopo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer. :D

--
-- Amanda Osvaldo

Soulaimane Guedria

Sep 2, 2019, 10:13:45 AM9/2/19
to ipopo-users
Hi Amanda,

I'm using IPOPO during my PhD to accelerate the development of a component based deep learning framework. It's very well documented and you will always find answers to your issues. Welcome to the community.

Soulaimane

Amanda Osvaldo

Sep 4, 2019, 9:31:22 AM9/4/19
to ipopo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Soulaimane, thanks for your answer.

It seems amazing, I'm planning a framework too for distributed scientific computing, designed for non-technical personal.
I'm writing requirements to improve iPOPO and make the framework development more easily.

If you want to, feel free to write requirements or ideas to improve iPOPO too, I will take into consideration, and with luck help to improve iPOPO.

-- Amanda Osvaldo