Some questions about iPOPO

1 view

Thomas Calmant

Nov 17, 2014, 6:49:58 AM11/17/14
to ipopo...@googlegroups.com, ipop...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been asked by mail about the current status of iPOPO, so here are some answers that may be of interest for everybody:

* Is the project still alive ?

Yes: I'm working on parallel projects which are based on iPOPO, which explains why its development is slow, but also why the latest commits are mainly bug fixes.

* When will the next version be released ?

Short answer: I don't know exactly, it should be between late December and mid-January.

The next release will have some new handlers (some of them are already implemented in the dev Git branch), but the main goal is to be compatible with IronPython and the .NET world.

FYI, I'm working on embedding iPOPO in Unity 3D for a demo project of my company, and it gives pretty good results so far.
For example, Remote Services works with C#, as long as only primitive types are used : a remote iPOPO component can call a local C# object registered as a Pelix service.

* How to request a specific feature ?

If it's a core feature, post your request on the user mailing list.
If it's a private feature, send me an e-mail directly.

In both cases, I don't guarantee I will write the feature, but we can discuss about the way to implement and to integrate it.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them on the user mailing list, or to directly send me an e-mail.

Cheers,
Thomas