Issue with i-pi installation

Mrinal Arandhara

Apr 8, 2020, 10:45:16 PM4/8/20
to ipi-users
Dear all,
        I was trying to install i-pi .It is mentioned in the i-pi manual that to be able to use i-pi with other client we need some patch files. But I could not find any directory called "Patches" inside "i-pi" directory. I want to use i-pi  with lammps. Is there any other way other than using the patch files?

Thanks,
Mrinal

Michele Ceriotti

Apr 9, 2020, 1:34:00 AM4/9/20
to ipi-users
What version of i-PI are you using? We have removed any reference to patches from the manual for several months. Supported codes have built-in interfaces. If you need to use i-PI with another code, you'll have to write an interface (and perhaps contribute it upstream).
Best
Michele