temperature in NVT and NVE

peiwei you

Jun 30, 2020, 9:26:40 AM6/30/20
to ipi-users
Dear all,
  When I copy the <q shape=...> and <p shape=..> matrixes in NVT results into the NVE simulation input file, the temperature changes from 100K(NVT) to 60K(NVE).

  To my knowledge, the calculations of temperature in properties are all referred to kinetic energies. Why the temperature is different while I restart from the NVT to NVE?

Best wishes,
Peiwei You.

venkat kapil

Jul 23, 2020, 4:53:43 AM7/23/20
to ipi-users
Can you share your setup and your i-PI inputs ?

peiwei you

Aug 12, 2020, 3:08:15 AM8/12/20
to ipi-users
Dear venkat kapil,
  I copy the <q shape=...> and <p shape=..> matrixes in NVT results (ipi.restart.chk_9) into the NVE input file (input-ipi.xml). The result of NVE (ipi.out) shows the temperature is 59 K. Actually I think it should be 100 K.
input.zip