Energy Deviation with DeepMD-Kit

14 views
Skip to first unread message

Maia Courtiel

unread,
Sep 8, 2026, 3:08:01 AMSep 8
to ipi-users
Dear i-PI community,

 

I am currently running PIMD simulations with i-PI (v3.2.0) and a deep neural network potential trained with DeepMD-kit (v3.1.3).
I have observed a discrepancy: the potential energy of a specific bead printed in i-PI's output (using potential(bead=0)) differs from the potential energy I get when performing a single-point (SP) calculation directly on the exact same frame extracted from the .xyz trajectory (using the same potential outside of i-PI).
Attached are input files, as well as an "energy.csv" file comparing the values obtained both ways (which highlights the difference).
I have the exact same problem with a totally different system (and so a different potential).
Could this be related to any kind of truncation (precision loss when i-PI writes the trajectory), an issue passed through the socket, or something else I might have missed?

 

Thank you in advance for your insights.

 

Maïa

example.tar.gz
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages