No such file or directory

LesRinchen

Jan 3, 2010, 12:37:10 AM1/3/10
to iphotoexport-users
This is my first time using the Terminal. I'm on Snow Leopard and have
downloaded iphotoexport 1.5.1. I've succeeded in changing the
directory, but when I try to start the export, the Terminal tells me
there's "no such file or directory." I have no idea whether it's
referring to my iPhoto Library directory or the one to which I'm
trying to export it. I've tried putting the path in quotes and also
without quotes, with a backslash before the space. I've also tried
including the path /Users/Leslie/ as well as substituting a tilde for
those words. Nothing seems to work.

I'm trying to export to an external hard drive because I don't have
enough space to copy all the photos on my computer's hard drive. Maybe
the problem is in my reference to the external drive. It's "/Volumes/
PACKARDBELL/Exported Pictures/" or /Volumes/PACKARDBELL/Exported\
Pictures

I've been fiddling around with this for a couple of hours and can't
get past this error message: "-bash: ./iphotoexpert.py: No such file
or directory" Can you help?

Tilman

Jan 3, 2010, 1:30:55 AM1/3/10
to iphotoexport-users
From the error message, it appears you are typing the command name
wrong. It's
./iphotoexport.py ...
and not
./iphotoexpert.py ...
(e.g. expOrt, not expErt).

Tilman

LesRinchen

Jan 3, 2010, 2:08:47 AM1/3/10
to iphotoexport-users
Thank you! That was certainly a silly error on my part. After
correcting it, I ran into the same problem as found on this thread:
"iphotoexport v1.5.1: can't sync due to fatal error in macostools.py
library "

Luckily, I had already read that thread, so I followed your advice to
use the previous version of iphotoexport, version 1.5.
I'm also running Snow Leopard as well as Python 2.6. It seems to be
working now with iphotoexport1.5.

Tilman

Jan 3, 2010, 2:19:38 AM1/3/10
to iphotoexport-users
Glad to hear that it worked for you. I think I'll revert the file
handling change in 1.5.1 back to what it used to be. I made the change
to support users that have iPhoto configured to not copy images into
the library. That seems to be a minority compared to users that now
can't run the tool at all anymore.

And one of these days I'll create a GUI and turn iphotoexport into a
real application so you don't have to run it from a Terminal window.

Tilman