Get problems when I export all the event from iphoto'09

A i R

Sep 1, 2009, 1:32:22 PM9/1/09
to iphotoexport-users
Dear all,

anybody can help me please ??

the terminal show the following

imac:iphotoexport-1.3 AiR$ ./iphotoexport.py -e . ~/Pictures/iPhoto\
Library ~/Pictures/Album
Reading iPhoto database...
Converting iPhoto data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 641, in <module>
main()
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 632, in main
data = iphotodata.get_iphoto_data(library_dir, album_xml_file,
options.faces)
File "/Users/AiR/Downloads/iphotoexport-1.3/appledata/
iphotodata.py", line 411, in get_iphoto_data
data = IPhotoData(album_xml)
File "/Users/AiR/Downloads/iphotoexport-1.3/appledata/
iphotodata.py", line 67, in __init__
image = IPhotoImage(image_data.get(key), self.keywords)
File "/Users/AiR/Downloads/iphotoexport-1.3/appledata/
iphotodata.py", line 229, in __init__
self.date = applexml.getappletime(data.get("DateAsTimerInterval"))
File "/Users/AiR/Downloads/iphotoexport-1.3/appledata/applexml.py",
line 28, in getappletime
return datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(APPLE_BASE + float(value))
ValueError: timestamp out of range for platform time_t

Tilman

Sep 1, 2009, 1:49:24 PM9/1/09
to iphotoexport-users
See the previous thread "ValueError ..." in this group for a
workaround. I will post a fix to the sources and download tonight.

Tilman

Tilman

Sep 2, 2009, 1:16:36 PM9/2/09
to iphotoexport-users
I just uploaded iphotoexport-1.3.1, which should fix this problem. It
was caused by photo timestamps that cannot be mapped to a date in the
calendar.

Tilman

A i R

Sep 10, 2009, 3:35:02 AM9/10/09
to iphotoexport-users
Hi ! Mr. Tilman .
I just downloaded iphotoexport 1.3.1 , I still got the problems ....

hui-arthurs-imac:iphotoexport-1.3.1 AiR$ ./iphotoexport.py -e . ~/
Pictures/iPhoto\ Library ~/Pictures/Album
Reading iPhoto database...
Converting iPhoto data...
Scanning iPhoto data for photos to export...
Scanning existing files in export folder...
Exporting photos from iPhoto to export folder...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 641, in <module>
main()
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 637, in main
export_iphoto(data, export_dir, options.exclude, exclude_folders,
options)
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 546, in export_iphoto
album.generate_files(options)
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 519, in generate_files
self.named_folders[key].generate_files(options)
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 380, in generate_files
self.files[f].generate(options)
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 203, in generate
copy_or_link_file(source_file, self.export_file, options)
File "./iphotoexport.py", line 137, in copy_or_link_file
print "New file: " + target + mode
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position
52-54: ordinal not in range(128)

Tilman Sporkert

Sep 10, 2009, 1:19:57 PM9/10/09
to iphotoexp...@googlegroups.com
You must have a non-ASCII character in a photo title. I'll see if I
can reproduce this.

I choose Python as the implementation language for iphotoexport
because it's easy to share and maintain, but the price is that you
have to struggle to get it to work with Unicode values.

Tilman

A i R

Sep 11, 2009, 10:53:26 AM9/11/09
to iphotoexport-users
haha ~~
icic ~ that's mean because I used the chinese in the event name ,so
they can't export it ??

Tilman

Sep 11, 2009, 11:31:27 AM9/11/09
to iphotoexport-users
I just uploaded iphotoexport-1.4. Give it a try - it should fix this
problem. I created an album and with some images using Chinese
characters, and I was able to export the album just fine.

Tilman

A i R

Sep 14, 2009, 2:36:51 AM9/14/09
to iphotoexport-users
Dear Mr. Tilman ,

thank you very much for ur help !
Now I completely to copy the events from iphoto !
really very happy !! thanks so much !!!!!!
I wish u can have more application to share with us ! ^.^
Thanks !

A i R

Tilman Sporkert

Sep 14, 2009, 2:40:44 AM9/14/09
to iphotoexp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting me know that the fix worked.

Tilman