Using iphotoexport for Dropbox

1 view

Zkaka

Jul 20, 2009, 2:48:49 PM7/20/09
to iphotoexport-users
Hi,
first - Thanks for making such a powerful tool ! I appreciate it.

I'd like to use iphotoexport in order to sync my iPhoto Library with
the Dropbox service (you probably be familiar with it. its a sync
service for web: www.getdropbox.com)

My only problem is that I want to sync there just recent photos (let's
say just last 6 months) because there's a storage limit for their
servers.
I tried making a smart folder in iPhoto for only pictures from recent
6 months but when exported it doesn't keep the events folders (like
when using -e )

I just need the most simple solution... can you think of any?

thanks :)

Tilman Sporkert

Jul 20, 2009, 3:07:02 PM7/20/09
to iphotoexp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, nothing comes to mind right away. I'll think about it.

If there would be a date filter, how would you want it to work if some
events or albums contain pictures before and after the date:
- export the entire event/album if at least one of the pictures is
newer (that's how the "Last <n> Month" feature in iPhoto works)
- export just the pictures that are new.

Tilman

Zkaka

Jul 20, 2009, 3:13:35 PM7/20/09
to iphotoexport-users
I personally think it will be more intuitive if the entire event will
be exported, since a "6 months period" or a "week period" is a broad
definition in the first place and a few pictures here and there does
not matter.