EMY - receiving an asynchronous request

Rune Back

Mar 21, 2018, 4:08:44 AM3/21/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I use only one section tag "HOME" in my code. When the user navigates to "another" section tag, I only change the code of the section tag. - Very fast!

I do have another section tag called "DUMP", for internal use only. That's where I receive the answers for any asynchronous requests sent to the server. After I've sent something to the server I check the "DUMP" every second.

It seems to me that the section tag isn't the right tag for this use. - Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rune

Rune Back

Mar 21, 2018, 11:49:33 AM3/21/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I tried...

​...​
and theat seems to work fine
​, so far at least​
. / R

Remi Grumeau

Mar 21, 2018, 6:31:13 PM3/21/18
to iphonewebdev
Humm

I'd rather put this in a DIV rather than a SECTION then.
Emy uses all direct SECTION tags child nodes as views.
So it won't bother you with this DIV (just put a display:none on it would be enough)

But ... if you're doing the ajax call on your side and uses one single section to replace its content without any navigation transition, why using Emy ? :)

Also, <div id="dump" hidden>, you forgot a "

Remi

Rune Back

Mar 22, 2018, 5:02:24 AM3/22/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I like Emy. I use callbacks only in order to send/receive something to/from another App via the server. I've also made it possible for making  a backup of the ldb in the server and of course to retrieve the ldb from there. At leat 95% of my code is JavaScript. I tiny little bit of my code is in the server.

The link may look like this: href="javascript:goingTo(11);"

In goingTo(val) I have switch (val) ...
case 11: MAKE_MAIN(); break
MAKE_MAIN() stuffs the html code into a variable dump, and finally I have
document.getElementById("HOME").innerHTML=dump

I have two variables "comingFrom" and "whereAmI". I have a back button up in the right corner with goingTo(comingFrom). As I already mentioned, it's very fast.

If not Emy, what then?

Rune

Humm

I'd rather put this in a DIV rather than a SECTION then.
Emy uses all direct SECTION tags child nodes as views.
So it won't bother you with this DIV (just put a display:none on it would be enough)

But ... if you're doing the ajax call on your side and uses one single section to replace its content without any navigation transition, why using Emy ? :)

Also, <div id="dump" hidden>, you forgot a "

Remi
Le 21 mars 2018 à 16:49, Rune Back <rune...@gmail.com> a écrit :

I tried...

​...​
and theat seems to work fine
​, so far at least​
. / R

Hi!

I use only one section tag "HOME" in my code. When the user navigates to "another" section tag, I only change the code of the section tag. - Very fast!

I do have another section tag called "DUMP", for internal use only. That's where I receive the answers for any asynchronous requests sent to the server. After I've sent something to the server I check the "DUMP" every second.

It seems to me that the section tag isn't the right tag for this use. - Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rune

Remi Grumeau

Mar 22, 2018, 6:08:45 AM3/22/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com

I like Emy.

Me too :)

I use callbacks only in order to send/receive something to/from another App via the server. I've also made it possible for making  a backup of the ldb in the server and of course to retrieve the ldb from there. At leat 95% of my code is JavaScript. I tiny little bit of my code is in the server.

The link may look like this: href="javascript:goingTo(11);"

In goingTo(val) I have switch (val) ...
case 11: MAKE_MAIN(); break
MAKE_MAIN() stuffs the html code into a variable dump, and finally I have
document.getElementById("HOME").innerHTML=dump

I have two variables "comingFrom" and "whereAmI". I have a back button up in the right corner with goingTo(comingFrom). As I already mentioned, it's very fast.

If not Emy, what then?

If you use emy.ajax() for the ajax calls, emy.$ for selectors or other screens transitions to the rest of the app, or simply like the UI themes, then stick with it :)
--> document.getElementById("HOME") can be emy.$(‘#HOME’) or emy.getSelectedView() if you are on this view.

If not, then you probably don’t need a library at all to just pull / push data from a server.

Remi

Rune Back

Mar 22, 2018, 10:19:52 AM3/22/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I have only ONE section:

<section id="HOME" class="panel" selected="true" data-title="Name of the APP" data-hidebackbutton="true"></section>

In the function goingTo(val) I also have document.getElementById("viewTitle").innerHTML=getTitle(val) which updates the title, so the user gets the feeling of moving between different screens. I don't use emy.ajax(), but I have made my own function for it.

Remi Grumeau

Mar 24, 2018, 3:20:19 AM3/24/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Why not use emy.ajax?

Usage is really easy

var urlToSend = “http://mydomain.com/“;
var param = {“foo”:”bar”, “test”:true};

emy.ajax(urlToSend, param, “get”, function(success){
    // do what you want with the success text callback
},function(error){
    // if a problem or timeout occurred
});

Any custom needs this method doesn’t have that you needed ?
What it doesn’t support for ex is file upload (ishould create a plugin for that...)

Remi
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to iphonewebdev...@googlegroups.com.