What's wrong with this code?

Rune Back

Mar 17, 2018, 7:33:52 AM3/17/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
<!-- It looks OK, but it's R/O! -->
  <label>Living?</label>
    <input type="hidden" name="value" value="true">

Thankful for any help,

Rune

Mogens Beltoft

Mar 17, 2018, 11:33:53 AM3/17/18
to Rune Back, iphone...@googlegroups.com
“Unexpected end of file?” :)

I can’t see any code.

/Mogens

linedi...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2018, 1:07:22 PM3/17/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com, Rune Back
HI Rune.

what are you try to archive?

There are many errors on that HTML
- missing for attribute
- not sure what you want to archive with the Input

Thank you

Remi Grumeau

Mar 17, 2018, 6:48:28 PM3/17/18
to iphonewebdev
Two errors in fact :)
- Input should be a checkbox, not hidden. Otherwise, browser cannot toggle its value.
- you must set an "id" attribute on the input + a "for" attribute on the label, so wihen you click on the label, it toggle the input value. Label goes 100% width, on top of the toggle.

I added a green color on the label so you see how it covers the whole area.

- bonus point : label should be after the div, not before it. can't remember exactly why but there is a CSS selector reason for that.

Cheers,
Remi

Remi

Rune Back

Mar 19, 2018, 2:44:30 AM3/19/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
My code was...

  <label>Living?</label>
    <input type="hidden" name="value" value="true">

...when it should be something like this...

    <input type="checkbox" name="mytoggle" id="mytoggle" value="true">
  <label for="mytoggle">Living?</label>

Thanks again, Remi!

Remi Grumeau

Mar 19, 2018, 2:59:35 AM3/19/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com

linedi...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2018, 7:52:53 PM3/19/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Hey Remil

- bonus point : label should be after the div, not before it. can't remember exactly why but there is a CSS selector reason for that.

I am curious about this, Look new to me... any reference?

Thank you

Remi Grumeau

Mar 19, 2018, 8:00:14 PM3/19/18
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
section .row > input[type=radio] + label,
section .row > input[type=checkbox] + label,
section .row > .toggle + label {
    width:              100%;
    max-width:          100%;
}

parentEl > el1 + el2 means el2 must be the direct next sibling of el1 inside parentEl.
CSS is for cascading stylesheet so no selector can exists going backward in the DOM tree.
Must be a following element.

If not following, label behave like when it’s on top of a text element, aka 30% max.
So it doesn’tt cover the complete row, and only the label element width toggles the checkbox, not the full row width (incl. the toggle element width)

So yeah, definitely better to put it after.

Cheers,
Remi