Line breaks not working for mailto: &body

rich_wagner

Aug 23, 2007, 10:58:16 AM8/23/07
to iPhoneWebDev
The mailto: protocol allows line breaks in the &body attribute value
using %0A for a line break and %0A%0A for a line break followed by a
blank line. However, line breaks are apparently not supported on the
iPhone. For example, the following link works as intended in my
Mail.app on my MBP, but iPhone Mail.app ignores the line break
requests.

%0AI look forward to our upcoming meeting together this Friday at 8am.
%0A%0ASincerely,%0AJason Malone&cc=ja...@iphogcorp.com">Email
Reminder</a>

- Rich

AwayBBL

Aug 23, 2007, 6:42:36 PM8/23/07
to iPhoneWebDev
don't have an iphone available, but how about using %0D%0A.

On Aug 23, 10:58 am, rich_wagner <richwagner.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The mailto: protocol allows line breaks in the &body attribute value
> using %0A for a line break and %0A%0A for a line break followed by a
> blank line. However, line breaks are apparently not supported on the
> iPhone. For example, the following link works as intended in my
> Mail.app on my MBP, but iPhone Mail.app ignores the line break
> requests.

Raffaele Sena

Aug 23, 2007, 6:48:49 PM8/23/07
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
I thought there was an answer in some older post, saying that the iPhone mailto doesn't support regular text "formatting" but it accepts HTML for the  body. So if you want new lines in your e-mail create an HTML body with p, div or br elements to separate the lines.

-- Raffaele

ajf

Aug 23, 2007, 8:35:56 PM8/23/07
to iPhoneWebDev
%0A is working fine for me. You can see it at http://metoob.com/iphilo
by selecting a video and clicking the "share" button.