Calling wax class method with multiple arguments

Aaron Dale

Oct 25, 2012, 3:25:37 PM10/25/12
to ipho...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone, I just started with wax yesterday and I've run into a tiny snag. I have not delegated full control of the app to Lua via wax, but I am using wax to generate the classes to handle the logic for select parts of the game.

For instance I have this Lua script:

waxClass{"testClass"}

function onEnter(self, previousState, message)
end

function onExit(self, nextState, message)
end

Functions with single arguments, i.e.

function whatever(self, somethingExtra)

work just fine with the intended object, but when you examine the obj-c runtime class generated by wax you end up with:

@interface testClass
{
    char* wax_instance_userdata;
}

- (id)onExit
- (id)onExit:(id)
- (id)onEnter
- (id)onEnter:(id)

@end

Which shows me that multiple arguments are not handled either at all, or in a traditional sense. I've searched the 'nets for a solution but it doesn't appear to be a common problem. Using onEnter as an example, I can pass in the previousState object, but message will always be nil.

Am I completely missing something?

Thanks

Aaron