Local File Store for Web Apps

awaybbl

Jun 9, 2008, 4:41:45 PM6/9/08
to iPhoneOSCoders
Here's an interesting idea...

I have a bunch of iPhone web apps that I'd like to "save" in a
database, and then ship them all to an iPhone for use locally.

Ideally, what I'd like to have is an app that can read the titles (and
display an icon), and when the user clicks it, it loads from the
database rather than via internet. I guess the problem would be
getting Safari to be able to read from the local file :(

Am I describing a local web server?

Has anyone done something like this already?

Steve Shi

Jun 10, 2008, 10:08:24 PM6/10/08
to iphoneo...@googlegroups.com
I think this may be achieved by developing an app that has an embedded web browser in itself, aka  WebView. The embeded web browser will read your web apps either from file system or Sqllite wherever you  choose to store them.

hope that helps.

Steve