Work around - running in background?

ryanspahn

Jun 7, 2008, 9:51:42 AM6/7/08
to iPhoneOSCoders
I am looking to make a web music player type of iPhone app. It seems
to me if I am listening to a playlist with my app and a phone call
comes in that the app will shut down.

Is there way to code it so the music pauses, shuts down and then
restarts?

thnx

Michael Rutman

Jun 7, 2008, 10:16:13 AM6/7/08
to iphoneo...@googlegroups.com

You can easily just save your position and the next time you are
manually launched you'll restart at the same time.

However, there are no hooks to ask to be relaunched.

ryanspahn

Jun 8, 2008, 9:10:11 AM6/8/08
to iPhoneOSCoders
Thanks Michael!

Do you by chance do any iPhone development work? My company is
looking to build an app! Would not take long!

Thanks,
Ryan

Michael Rutman

Jun 8, 2008, 12:58:18 PM6/8/08
to iphoneo...@googlegroups.com

I do, but I have a full time job.

It would need to be a very quick application I can do in my spare
time. Is this Sleep.FM?

ryanspahn

Jun 9, 2008, 12:23:32 AM6/9/08
to iPhoneOSCoders
May I email you the brief details?

As per last question ... Yes.. i must have posted that detail here
before?

cheers,
Ryan