__terminating_due_to_uncaught_exception__ when connecting outlets in Tab Bar Application

Rew

Jul 12, 2008, 8:04:58 AM7/12/08
to iPhoneOSCoders
Ok I have the following issue:

1) I start a new project, using Tab Bar Application
2) I open up SecondView.xib and add a UILabel
3) I add UILabel to FirstViewController.h as IBOutlet UILabel*
myLabel;
4) I connect the UILabel within IB.
5) I build and run, and it crashes:

__terminating_due_to_uncaught_exception__

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance....
Rew

Mason Weems

Jul 12, 2008, 12:19:19 PM7/12/08
to iphoneo...@googlegroups.com
Check to make sure you have everything hooked up properly in IB. I
get those messages all the time because I always forget to hook up a
view or something.
Mason

Rew

Jul 13, 2008, 2:34:51 AM7/13/08
to iPhoneOSCoders
Thanks for the reply.

I have checked, and can't see anything wrong... I have more details on
the issue here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1598422&tstart=45

Rew

Jul 13, 2008, 4:08:32 AM7/13/08
to iPhoneOSCoders
I have now solved this issue.

There were two places I needed to reference my Class within IB, I only
set it up in the UIViewController that used it, but it has to also go
inside the UITabBarController for the UIViewController there.