Fwd: [satellites] Submissions to Hack Contest

Joe Pezzillo, Metafy LLC

Jul 30, 2009, 5:58:22 PM7/30/09
to iphoned...@googlegroups.com

FYI !!! -Joe

Begin forwarded message:

From: Christopher Allen
Date: July 30, 2009 3:45:57 PM MDT
To: iPhoneDevCamp Satellites
Subject: [satellites] Submissions to Hack Contest

I am master-of-ceremonies and one of the judges for the master
iPhoneDevCamp event at Yahoo! in Sunnyvale.

We'd like to get at least 1 submission from each satellite, which I
will present to the Sunnyvale audience (and will be video broadcast
back out to all the Satellites).

Last year we tried demonstrating over streaming video, as well as
tried to compile source locally, both which didn't work well.

So this year what we need from each satellite is a ~3 minute video
demonstrating the submitted iPhone App. This video could be created
with iPhone 3GS using macro video mode to record the demonstration, or
a screencast of the iPhone simulator, or some other video source, but
the video should include a caption with the name of the app, the names
of the team that wrote it, which satellite the application came from,
and if it won any awards there.

Any video demonstrating the iPhone app should still meet the contest
guidelines at http://www.iphonedevcamp.org/contest/ -- i.e. to be
eligible for the prizes (the Best Satellite App as well as the other
Special Prizes), the iPhone App must not currently be available via
the iTunes App Store OR if it is available, they must have source code
available on a public website.

I need these videos submitted to me at [ask Danny!]
by Sunday, August 2 at 1:45 PDT (06:45:00 AM UTC). Ideally a lot
sooner if possible.

-- Christopher Allen