Jewish Radio

1 view

Simcha

Apr 3, 2009, 1:58:17 PM4/3/09
to iPhone Siddur
Thanks for another fine Jewish application. I found a few that I
didn't know about. It does seem very NY centric. Priced right at 99
cents.

Here are some suggestions:

1, Don't stop the stream when going back to the list of stations.

2. Add Radio Shalom 1650 Montreal, a 24 hour Jewish radio station.

3. Allow the use of 3g as well as wifi. I just tested it with Wunder
Radio and it works on 3g.

Thanks again.

Shabbat Shalom

PS. Barry did your iphone work in Israel without any changes?

Barry Schwartz

Apr 3, 2009, 1:59:56 PM4/3/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
(1) Will add to wish list.

(2) I need the iTunes stream URL please.

(3) There is a way, emailing you directly offline.

Simcha

Apr 3, 2009, 2:25:15 PM4/3/09
to iPhone Siddur
I put this into itunes and it played properly:

http://72.55.134.40:8000/rc64.m3u

It may only have the p: instead of http:

Barry Schwartz

Apr 3, 2009, 2:26:18 PM4/3/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
excellent, we will add that source.

Sam I Am 613

Apr 3, 2009, 3:27:47 PM4/3/09
to iPhone Siddur
Have a look at http://www.meydad.com/2009/01/30/listen-to-israeli-radio-stations-on-your-iphone/
. It this something that can be supported in your app? I would love
access to Arutz 7, Reshet Bet (Hebrew News) and Galai Tzahal. I guess
the shortwave is a dinosaur. By the way, why can other apps support
Edge and 3g and this app not?

Ronnie Schwartz

Apr 3, 2009, 3:38:03 PM4/3/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com, iPhone Siddur
Technically those stations use microsoft technology and apple only
streams mp3 stations. They work around this by using your computer and
double streaming and converting. Basically a rebroadcast.

Ronnie Schwartz
RustyBrick, Inc.
ron...@rustybrick.com
www.rustybrick.com