Version 3.5 Submitted

Barry Schwartz

Apr 28, 2009, 2:06:48 PM4/28/09
to iPhone Siddur
Been busy with new versions... You can see full version history at
http://www.rustybrick.com/iphone-siddur-version.php

Version 3.5 submitted for Apple's approval today includes:
* Hides Tefillas on Shabbos or Yom Tov
* Added Sefirat Ha'omer to Shacharis
* Fixed a Benching and Al Hamicha Bug
* Added Six Remembrances to Nusach Ashkenaz and Sfrad
* Replaced "Taam" with "Tam"
* R Tam Options: 72 mins or 16.1 deg
* Allow display of MGA & GRA Zmanim via Settings
* Settings to Show, Hide, or Collapse Some Optional Prayers
* Improved User Map Speed
* Updated Minyanim database
* Overall performance improvements

Hope you enjoy these additions/modifications.

Gaby

Apr 29, 2009, 8:34:21 AM4/29/09
to iPhone Siddur
"Hides Tefillas on Shabbos or Yom Tov"
Am I missing something ? Who uses it on Shabbos ?

On Apr 28, 2:06 pm, Barry Schwartz <barry.schwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Been busy with new versions... You can see full version history athttp://www.rustybrick.com/iphone-siddur-version.php

Barry Schwartz

Apr 29, 2009, 8:35:28 AM4/29/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
LOL - you'd be surprised. We get some emails as to why it doesn't
have Shabbos davening.

Joel Hakoune

Apr 29, 2009, 8:54:16 AM4/29/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Well, if you're talking about people who wants to check the shabbos
prayer during Chol-days, then it's ok. However, if it's what it sounds
like, and i'd rather not mention it, then this might be a serious
issue of "Lifnei Eever Lo Titen Michshol".
__________
Regards,
Joel-H.

Gaby

Apr 29, 2009, 8:55:51 AM4/29/09
to iPhone Siddur
Perhaps you can program so that the icon will not work on shabbos or
yom tov :-)

Barry Schwartz

Apr 29, 2009, 8:59:52 AM4/29/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Gaby, we wish. :) We wanted to send an email to G-d, but you know...

Brandon

May 8, 2009, 3:36:57 AM5/8/09
to iPhone Siddur
After updating this week, I noticed last night that Maariv is gone.
What happened?

Barry Schwartz

May 8, 2009, 5:57:36 AM5/8/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Ronnie, I think Maariv disappears for Friday night, but it disappears
at midnight on Thursday. (Friday morning)

Brandon

May 8, 2009, 8:31:18 AM5/8/09
to iPhone Siddur
Right, I tried davening Maariv last night at 1 am and it was gone. How
about you bring it back?

Barry Schwartz

May 8, 2009, 8:32:09 AM5/8/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
We are. Uploading a fix now. Give it about 3 - 7 days to be approved
by Apple.

Sorry about that.

Victor Grazi

May 8, 2009, 8:47:25 AM5/8/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Can you fix the omer change at the same time?

Barry Schwartz

May 8, 2009, 8:49:04 AM5/8/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is uploaded also. Let's not call it a "fix" but a
"feature." ;-)

Victor Grazi

May 8, 2009, 9:16:36 AM5/8/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Like the old saying goes - the difference between a bug and a feature
- a feature is documented!

Barry Schwartz

May 8, 2009, 9:19:05 AM5/8/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
good, so we documented that feature in the 3.5 notes. ;-)