Massively annoying bug - portrait mode

1 view

DKris

Aug 7, 2009, 2:03:40 PM8/7/09
to iPhone Siddur
I often keep my iPod Touch on a surface on my desk, sometimes flat and
sometimes with the top end elevated slightly. The display is in
portrait mode. However, when I want to use the Luach to look up a
date, I get the error message, "Portrait Mode - 5 This tab requires
you to hold the device in portrait mode." I need to pick up the
device, hold it completely vertical, and press the tab again. I can
then lay it down flat and use it to look up a whole series of dates.

It seems to me that if the display is already in portrait mode, then
the Luach tab should just appear, even if the device is not oriented
upright. Even better, even if the display is in landscape mode, why
not just let the Luach display appear in portrait mode without the
error message? After all, if I'm looking at Luach and I turn the
device sideways, I don't get an error message - the display simply
remains in portrait mode.

Does this make sense?

Barry Schwartz

Aug 7, 2009, 2:11:32 PM8/7/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Not a bug, but it will be resolved in version 4.1.

Elli

Aug 7, 2009, 2:38:06 PM8/7/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
When will the Chabad siddur be available?

Sent from my  iPhone do you have one too?

Barry Schwartz

Aug 7, 2009, 2:40:31 PM8/7/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
In version 4.1, should be out any day.

david....@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2009, 3:00:29 PM8/7/09
to iPhone Siddur
Thanks ... I guess I should have called it a "feature" rather than a
bug!

Edward Black

Aug 17, 2009, 9:05:44 AM8/17/09
to iPhone Siddur
This is the first irritation I've found in months of using this
amazing program

Kudos to Barry Schwartz for the amazing i Siddur generall
And I look forward to this being fixed
Kind regards
Edward

Barry Schwartz

Aug 17, 2009, 9:06:56 AM8/17/09
to iphone...@googlegroups.com
Yea, version 4.1 fixes this. But we are still waiting for Apple to
approve that version. It is in the queue for a while. I have no
control over that delay.

Sorry about this. For now, hold the phone directly upright when you
see that portrait request.