pins are not viewed when MapViewController is invoked from another controller

Onur Sencer

May 26, 2009, 7:58:10 PM5/26/09
to iphone-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all thank you so much for this project.

I could use all features when I ran the project. Hovewer when I invoke the MapViewController from a table controller:

MapViewController *mapListEditViewController = [[MapViewController alloc] init];
[self.navigationController pushViewController:mapViewController animated:YES];
[mapViewController release];
I could view the map and buttons (buttons are viewed partially) but when I click the buttons, the pins didn`t showup in the map. There is no error viewed in the console. Could you help me? It is urgent since I have a demo presentation on this friday.

Thank you

Onur
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM, shayne <shayne...@gmail.com> wrote:

Any updates to this?

mshalaby

Jun 3, 2009, 8:46:44 AM6/3/09
to iphone-map-view
Hi Onur,

I'm terribly sorry for not being able to reply to any earlier.
I've looked into the problems you pointed out.
I've solved the problems with the layout for the buttons and messages
view at the bottom.
It now works fine for me.

Just check out the latest revision for the map component and give it
another try.
Tell me if you have any problems.

About the MapViewController, It is only a demo controller for the
MapView. It is not a generic one so I don't recommend using it as is
or even subclassing it but instead you should modify the
MapViewController according to your application needs or even make
your own controller. This is until we replace that with a generic one
that you can subclass.

On May 27, 2:58 am, Onur Sencer <onursen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all thank you so much for this project.
>
> I could use all features when I ran the project. Hovewer when I invoke the
> MapViewController from a table controller:
>
> *MapViewController *mapListEditViewController = [[MapViewController alloc]
> init];
> [self.navigationController pushViewController:mapViewController
> animated:YES];
> [mapViewController release];
> *
> I could view the map and buttons (buttons are viewed partially) but when I
> click the buttons, the pins didn`t showup in the map. There is no error
> viewed in the console. Could you help me? It is urgent since I have a demo
> presentation on this friday.
>
> Thank you
>
> Onur

Onur Sencer

Jun 3, 2009, 4:57:43 PM6/3/09
to iphone-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you so much for your answer. Actually somehow the problem disappeared before your answer, and I could go on with my development. I`ll try again with your changes. About MapViewController, I agree with you.

Again thank you for your answer.
Onur