GMap takes a lot of time to load

Puneet

Mar 3, 2009, 4:04:28 AM3/3/09
to iphone-map-view
Hi,

I am using GMap APIs to load maps in the UIWebView control on iPhone.
But unlike the native maps application it takes very long to load map.
Is there any way that i can make it faster, atleast the second time
onwards when i run the application?

Is there any way to save the temp data/the .js files it downloads
which are used by GMap apis so that these are not downloaded evrytime
i load the map view?

Thanks,
Puneet Sanchiher

dan

Mar 16, 2009, 3:17:18 PM3/16/09
to iphone-map-view
Anyone have any idea's for this? The only thing that my app has
issues with is a long load time now if on Edge. Not sure why Gmap2
and then a call to center takes so long (like on the order of 50
seconds on an Edge network ( about 30 on 3G). Would love to find a
way to get this down to 10 sec.

Thanks!

Dan