Learning GCC/LLVM internals

praseedp

Feb 12, 2013, 7:12:15 PM2/12/13
to ipgof...@googlegroups.com
Hello all ,

     In the last three months, a friend of mine started hacking LLVM and
GCC. He has learned to write the front end for both LLVM and GCC.

Since he used SLANG4.net ( http://slangfordotnet.codeplex.com ) to
write front end for LLVM as well SLANG, I also got sucked in to the
stuff.

Now,we are learning about Optimization.  If anybody is interested in
joining the effort,we are happy to include you as well.

The source code of SLANG4CPP is available @

The code has got support for Jit , Executable creation ( I ported the
stuff to windows using Visual C++) , JavaScript generation , Google
V8 engine backend and GCC backend ( work in progress )

regards
Praseed Pai

Anoop Madhusudanan

Feb 12, 2013, 7:44:04 PM2/12/13
to ipgof...@googlegroups.com
Good work Prasid. Will certainly take a look at it

Anoop Madhusudanan
Web: http://amazedsaint.com | Follow: http://twitter.com/amazedsaint

Hari K T

Feb 12, 2013, 8:51:36 PM2/12/13
to ipgof...@googlegroups.com
Wow nice to see it @Praseed Pai.

And thanks for pointing to the source.

I was looking at examples. Good to see it . I didn't noticed tests . It will be good if we could run the tests so as it grows you don't have trouble on compiling and bugs I guess.