Important notice: Camel MLLP client issue

Christian Ohr

Oct 5, 2021, 9:33:18 AM10/5/21
to ipf-...@googlegroups.com
Dear IPF users,

Recently we discovered a problem in Apache Camel that potentially causes incorrect (out-of-band) responses in case of client-side timeouts for HL7/MLLP connections. This affects generic "mllp" components as well as e.g. "pdq-iti21" and "pix-iti9".

A solution was reported to Camel (https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CAMEL/issues/CAMEL-17022) and the corresponding PR has been accepted (https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/6195).

Unfortunately, this leaves existing IPF-based MLLP producer endpoints with the problem described in CAMEL-17022. A safe workaround is to add "disconnect=true" to the client-side endpoint URI.

We will also explore options in IPF 3.7.x and newer to compensate for this problem.
Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards
Christian