IDE VSCode/Eclipse development setup environment?

Oliver Egger

Apr 24, 2020, 11:55:39 AM4/24/20
to ipf...@googlegroups.com
hello together

I struggle to get a working development setup with ipf.

I have checked out the master branch and can do a mvn clean install without any problem.

However I would like to work in an IDE, with both VSCode and Eclipse I get the problem
that the groovy files are not visible as java classes from the IDE.

VSCode:
"/Users/oliveregger/Documents/github/ipf/commons/ihe/fhir/r4/core/src/test/java/org/openehealth/ipf/commons/ihe/fhir/support/translation/DefaultUriMapperTest.java",
"message": "The import org.openehealth.ipf.commons.map.BidiMappingService cannot be resolved",
->

Equivalen in eclipse.

Eclipse configuration is:

image.png

Has anyone successfully setup a Dev environment in VSCode and/or Eclipse and has a tip what configuration steps are necessary?

Thanks a lot for your help
Oliver

mobile: +41765795005
twitter: @oliveregger

ahdis ag
c/o The Hub Zürich Association
Sihlquai 131
8005 Zürich
Switzerland

Dmytro Rud

Apr 24, 2020, 12:54:00 PM4/24/20
to ipf...@googlegroups.com
Hello Oliver

Did you install the Eclipse plugin mentioned on http://groovy-lang.org/ides.html?

Alternatively, you could try IntelliJ IDEA -- it supports Groovy out-of-the-box.

BTW, in addition to Groovy plugin you may require the Lombok plugin, see on https://projectlombok.org/setup/eclipse.

Best regards
Dmytro

Oliver Egger

Apr 28, 2020, 3:25:07 AM4/28/20
to ipf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dmytro

Thank you for the response

Hello Oliver
Did you install the Eclipse plugin mentioned on http://groovy-lang.org/ides.html?
Yes I did. I tried also to adjust the pom.xml as described in https://github.com/groovy/groovy-eclipse/wiki/Groovy-Eclipse-Maven-plugin but I was not successful.
I can however run currently the unit tests for ipf-platform-camel-ihe-fhir-r4-pixpdq, mhd so I will just work without the groovy stuff.

Alternatively, you could try IntelliJ IDEA -- it supports Groovy out-of-the-box.

BTW, in addition to Groovy plugin you may require the Lombok plugin, see on https://projectlombok.org/setup/eclipse.
I added that, that works.

Thanks
Oliver