IPC Learning Track News

Mark "mak" Roberts

Jun 22, 2014, 7:30:33 AM6/22/14
to ipc2014-...@googlegroups.com

Hello, IPC Learning Track Competitors,

Though this will surely disappoint you as it has me, I regret to say I was unable to prepare the final results for the Learning IPC in time for the conference.  Hopefully it will suffice to say that I was severely oversubscribed this spring and the generous funding from Amazon for the could computing came later than I anticipated, both of which led to a series of delays.  My postdoc adviser at NRL graciously supported liberal time to work on the competition in recent weeks to help salvage the situation. Alas, it was not enough to overcome the work required and several recent events further led to unanticipated delays in gathering the results.  Rather than rush the final results and risk an error in haste, I think it wisest to delay the release of the competition results.  I hope you can understand.

The good news is the preliminary data are collected and many of the analysis scripts are finished; the remaining work consists of ensuring each planner worked as intended and vetting the data.  Given my other commitments, I plan to announce the results by late July, and will do so on the ICAPS list-serve as well as this list.

I sincerely apologize and wish the circumstances were different.  You each invested considerable effort to enter a planner.  My desire remains to honor your effort with a careful analysis to determine a winner for each category.

mak