Initial Planner Submission extended 16 Mar, UTC-12 (on time anywhere in any time zone)

Mark "mak" Roberts

Mar 12, 2014, 10:20:59 AM3/12/14
to ipc2014-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I sincerely apologize for giving conflicting instructions for the reference time zone and due date, which has led to a slurry of worried emails this morning.  I intended that submitting on time from any timezone would be on time for the competition.  So, I should have stated the reference timezone as UTC-12.  I'm hope my error did not cause anyone grief.

Please do not fret a great deal about this -- this submission is simply a *reference* version of your planner.  It is mainly for proving the new compute platform and getting things moving for the competition.  The key constraint is that your planner submission is due so we can set up the EC2 platform from 16-30 Mar.  I expect to find issues and want to start this process sooner than later.

Four competitors have asked for extensions, which is enough for me to reconsider. Believe me when I say I feel your pain -- workshop and review deadlines loom for many of us.  I propose to extend the deadline to Saturday, 16 Mar, UTC-12.  This is the farthest I can extend given the remaining time. This extension, however, means I will hold the test domains in fairness to everyone.   Please let me know ASAP if this will not work for you (or if you have serious objections).

At this time, I do not expect to extend the 30 Mar deadline, so please consider this a courtesy heads up.

A compressed archive is fine, and it's probably best if you post large files somewhere I can access.  I will grab the archive and let you know I have it so you can delete it afterward.  Some of you have provided a list of packages you require, which helps assess whether we can use the proposed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS image on EC2.

Thanks,
mak

Michal Krajňanský

Mar 13, 2014, 10:29:48 AM3/13/14
to ipc2014-...@googlegroups.com, mrob...@cs.colostate.edu
These time zones make me confused. :-) Isn't Saturday Mar 15 (and not 16)? Which one is it?

Mark "mak" Roberts

Mar 13, 2014, 11:08:39 AM3/13/14
to Michal Krajňanský, ipc2014-...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I'm really confusing things.  Mea culpa.

I meant the end of the day *SUNDAY* 16 Mar UTC-12 (which for must of us will fall on Monday morning).  You will be on time if you submit your planner "Anywhere On Earth" by Sunday 16 Mar 23:59 of the International Date Line West.  Example:

Inline image 1

Over the weekend I will provide instructions regarding the EC2 compute platform.

mak

--
IPC2014 Learning Track website: www.cs.colostate.edu/~ipc2014
---