Thanks for joining the group!

lizbdavis

Apr 30, 2012, 4:16:30 PM4/30/12
to ipadine...@googlegroups.com
It was wonderful to meet and talk with many of you yesterday at Edcamp Boston. I just blogged about some of my takeaways from the event. This group is one of them. I hope we can use this space to share our iPad adventures, ask questions and offer advice.
-Liz

Lauren Goldberg

May 2, 2012, 9:41:33 AM5/2/12
to ipadine...@googlegroups.com
I came away from EdCamp with so many ideas and so much enthusiasm.

One of the highlights of the day for me was meeting all of you in Liz's session in the morning. As I mentioned briefly, our professional development initiative is sponsoring a one-day program about iPads on June 28. One of the strands we're planning is for "iPad Newbies." We're hoping to attract about 50 educators to join us for a day of exploration, shared strategies, and collaboration. I've attached a couple of PDF files to explain a bit more of what we're planning for the day. I'm looking for folks to facilitate sessions (very much in the informal style of an un-conference), as well as participants to spend a day with us.

Darcie, you were asking about science apps. One of my colleagues has proposed a session about simulation apps for his 7th and 8th grade biology and environmental studies classes. He's already found a few, but he's eager to work with other people who are interested in the same thing.

We will be holding a planning session at the end of May/beginning of June to talk about logistics, but in the meantime, please share this information with anyone who might be interested, and please be in touch. I think we can build a great network of eager folks around using iPads. I have the space and the administrative support to host gatherings of iPad users any time!

All best,

Lauren

--
Lauren Goldberg
follow me @drhoney on Twitter

Elizabeth Davis

May 2, 2012, 10:53:27 AM5/2/12
to ipadine...@googlegroups.com
Lauren,
This sounds like a great PD opportunity. Unfortunately, I am going to be on vacation with my family on June 28th. However, I'm sure a number of my faculty will be interested in attending.
-Liz

Lauren Goldberg

May 2, 2012, 11:23:37 AM5/2/12
to ipadine...@googlegroups.com
Too bad you won't be there! I'd definitely like to follow up with other folks at Belmont Hill, though.