Ipad in English/Language Arts

Pamela Wachutka

Jul 27, 2012, 7:23:18 PM7/27/12
to ipadine...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

After getting a chance to see a progressive private school using Ipads in the classroom, another teacher and I convinced our principal that we thought Ipads would work in our classrooms too. Much to our surprise, he got enough for us to use Ipads in small group settings (5 Ipads/15 kids per class). I am beyond excited.

Any good/free/cheap applications that you recommend? Doesn't have to be English related. I also want to see how I can use my Ipad for organizational purposes and general executive functioning.

I look forward to hearing everyone's ideas, and I heard that edcamp was great this summer!

Thanks,
Pameal

Abby Kahara

Jul 27, 2012, 8:58:52 PM7/27/12
to ipadine...@googlegroups.com
Pamela,

Congratulations!

I'll send you a,screen shot of some of my favorites. To date, I have only purchased 2 or 3 apps. Before you buy I would recommend surveying this community to see if there isn't a free alternative. Could you email me at aka...@barnum.k12.mn.us so I can send the shots?

Abby Kahara
5th Grade Teacher
Barnum Elementary
--
Abby Kahara
5th Grade Teacher

"In times of change learners inherit the earth; while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." Eric Hoffer

"If we teach today's students as we taught yesterday's, we rob them of tomorrow." John Dewey

Shawn McCusker

Jul 27, 2012, 11:40:42 PM7/27/12
to ipadine...@googlegroups.com, ipadine...@googlegroups.com
I would definitely download dropbox or box so that you can share PDF files with the class. Skitch is great for saving and editing photos. There is an ap called paper port notes that integrates well with Google docs pretty well. Socrative allows you to give brief quizzes and get real time results.

Those are just a few freebies you can start with.

For organization I LOVE Evernote.

Shawn McCusker
@ShawnMcCusker

Sent from my iPhone