network <, > operators used?

Peter Moody

Dec 4, 2011, 5:45:54 PM12/4/11
to ipaddr-py-dev
does anyone actually use these comparison? They don't make a ton of sense to me (what does it mean for a network to be less than another network?) and I'm considering getting rid of them.

Cheers,
peter

--
Peter Moody      Google    1.650.253.7306
Security Engineer  pgp:0xC3410038

Peter Moody

Dec 5, 2011, 12:56:30 PM12/5/11
to Serranos, ipaddr-py-dev
Thanks. That's what I'm expecting.

Cheers,
peter

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Serranos <serran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nope. I'm a very happy user and never saw a need for them.

Cheers,
Serrano.

Michael Shields

Dec 6, 2011, 3:45:54 PM12/6/11
to Peter Moody, ipaddr-py-dev
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Peter Moody <pmo...@google.com> wrote:
does anyone actually use these comparison? They don't make a ton of sense to me (what does it mean for a network to be less than another network?) and I'm considering getting rid of them.

I think it's useful that lists of networks be sortable, if only for display.

Peter Moody

Dec 6, 2011, 3:47:11 PM12/6/11
to Michael Shields, ipaddr-py-dev
Yeah, someone emailed me yesterday offlist and said the same thing.