Three Rivers 300k Reroute

Daniel Wood

Mar 28, 2024, 11:12:49 AMMar 28
to Central Iowa Randonneurs
Heads up that the Three Rivers 300k will need a reroute. The Raccoon River Valley Trail is closed between Redfield and Linden through mid-June for re-surfacing and new bridge approaches.

Daniel

Steve Polyak

Mar 28, 2024, 11:14:54 AMMar 28
to Central Iowa Randonneurs
Thanks Daniel. I will look into alternatives and update the route.

Steve

Steve Polyak

Mar 28, 2024, 2:21:25 PMMar 28
to Central Iowa Randonneurs
One idea is to just switch the 300k route altogether, e.g. go with the Brushy Racoon 300k instead...

I plan to get over in the area soon to do some route scouting. But if anyone has additional insight, please share.

Steve

Daniel Wood

Mar 28, 2024, 3:09:05 PMMar 28
to Central Iowa Randonneurs
There's a highway between Redfield and Panora to the SW of the trail that we could reroute on, although it would add a few miles and bring the total to 190.3 miles. Everything else in the area is gravel.
Here's a RWGPS link if you'd like to take a look. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/45998256

Daniel Wood

Mar 29, 2024, 8:42:03 AMMar 29
to Central Iowa Randonneurs
Here's another reroute that would get back on the trail sooner and put the distance at 189.4 miles.

Steve Polyak

Mar 31, 2024, 8:01:12 PMMar 31
to Central Iowa Randonneurs
these looks good Daniel, thanks. will look at submitting an updated route.