New Central Iowa RBA

driftlessrandos

Sep 13, 2023, 9:09:43 PM9/13/23
to Central Iowa Randonneurs
I’m delighted to announce that Steve Polyak has been approved by the RUSA board of directors as the new RBA of the Central Iowa region. Although relatively new to randonneuring Steve has an extensive and impressive background in cycling and has already racked up some fine results as a randonneur. What makes me especially happy in this transition is the fact that Steve has some great ideas for outreach to increase the participation and ridership within Iowa.

I know you’ll join me in congratulating Steve and in thanking him for taking on this role within RUSA but I want to emphasize that Steve will appreciate and count on your support in the coming years. While the RBA serves as the focal point for each RUSA region the fact of the matter is that each of us relies on the active involvement and participation of the membership - the region is only as vibrant as you make it! Want more? Do more!

Steve will be developing a ride schedule for 2024. This is required to be submitted by September 30th and I’m sure he’ll appreciate your advice and input as to what kinds of rides you want to see in the coming year BUT he’ll appreciate it even more if you can sign up to run rides, develop new routes, etc., so it’s ON YOU to make Central Iowa great! Use the contact form on the web site or email iowara...@gmail.com with your thoughts on the schedule and to offer help!

Congratulations Steve and thanks!