Oct 7th National “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” for 20 yrs of US lead Armed Drone War. 11 a.m. hr. vigil @ St Ambrose Cathedral, DM IA

Frank Cordaro

Sep 29, 2021, 3:42:50 PM9/29/21
to Iowa Peace List

What: National “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” for 20 yrs of US lead Armed Drone War.

Where: St Ambrose Cathedral’s front steps @ 8th and High St, DM, IA

When: Thursday, Oct 7th @ 11 a.m.

   Oct 7th National “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” at places of worship around the nation @ 11am for an end to 20 years of U.S. terror against the people of Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere. The newly formed US Ban Killer Drones network urge a ban on weaponized drones and an end to any “Over the Horizon” airstrikes against Afghanistan and any other country. (See invite from Kathy Kelly below.)

   The DMCW & DM VFP welcomes all to join us son the steps in front of St Ambrose Cathedral for an hour vigil starting @ 11 in solidarity with the national “Call to Action: A Day of Atonement” at places of worship @ St Ambrose Cathedral in DM.

   The Bishop and the Diocese of DM has a special role in proactively calling for an end to US lead Drone Warfare. In 2014 DM Bishop Pates authored a United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) anti US drone warfare statement & in 2015 an IA Air National Guard Drone Command Center was activated in DM

See: How & Why the DMCW took on their local Drone Command Center & Bishop – the story behind the Aug 6-9, 2018 24/7 Vigil this year at St Ambrose Cathedral https://frankcordaro.wordpress.com/2018/07/21/how-why-the-dmcw-took-on-their-local-drone-command-center-bishop-the-story-behind-the-aug-6-9-2018-24-7-vigil-this-year-at-st-ambrose-cathedral/

Please join us for this vigil & call to the moral and religious leaders of DM to address the on going war crimes taking place at our own Drone Command Center. Silence is capitulation.

For more info and updates contact:

Frank Cordaro frank....@gmail.com

515 490 2490