August 9, 2022 "The United States has many political prisoners. Here’s a list" by Stansfield Smith ( Jessica Reznicek is on this list )

Frank Cordaro

Aug 9, 2022, 8:47:22 PM8/9/22
to Iowa Peace List
  Jessica Reznicek, of the Catholic Workers Movement, took action in 2016 to stop the environmentally destructive Dakota Access Pipeline by dismantling construction equipment and pipeline valves and setting fire to construction machinery. She would have been handed three years, but was sentenced to eight, with the added sentence for terrorism, even though no person was physically harmed.

Reznicek’s actions against private property were “calculated to influence or affect the conduct of government,” meaning a person who takes direct action against an energy company can be treated as an enemy of the state. Reznicek explained, “What we did do was fight a private corporation that has run rampant across our country seizing land and polluting our nation’s water supply.”

From: August 9, 2022  "The United States has many political prisoners. Here’s a list" by Stansfield Smith

--

Free Jessica Reznicek email add <freejessi...@gmail.com>

Free Jessica Reznicek Face Book page: https://www.facebook.com/freejessrez