Oct 2021- DMCW Beg List

Frank Cordaro

Oct 22, 2021, 9:50:51 AM10/22/21
to Iowa Peace List
   I want to take this opportunity first to thank each of you for your support of the Catholic Worker House. Without you, we would have little to do, little to share, and little to give. Together with you, we are open five days a week giving out 100+ hot meals a day along with hygiene supplies, clothes, and winter gear. Twice a week we give out groceries. Every day, we open our yard up for our neighbors to relax in a safe environment where healing friendships can happen for us all. Our donors are an integral part of that.

   Second, I want to ask you for help. Our supplies have been dwindling, and we have been unable to give items to our guests as a result. Our guests are feeling the absence of hoodies/coats, socks, and bar soap the most, but everything on the list below is needed.

Austin Cook & DMCW Community

Clothes:
winter coats
sweatshirts, jackets, hoodies
socks
pants
t-shirts
underwear
winter gloves
stocking caps
women's leggings
winter boots

Hygiene:
bar soap
bath gel/shower soap
shampoo/conditioner
foot powder
razors
deodorant
toilet paper!

Food/Drink/Other:
coffee grounds (big containers)
spam, canned meats
antacid/tums
juice
popcorn
oranges
milk/butter
velveeta cheese
calcium supplements
pastas
meat - frozen & or cooked
Leftovers from Weddings, Funerals and other social gatherings.

Camping Gear:
tarps
blankets
backpacks
sleeping bags
hand warmers, foot warmers

We thank you for your partnership in our efforts to serve those in our community without and wish the best for each of you.

Sincerely,
The Des Moines Catholic Worker

For more info and delivery contact:
Frank Cordaro <frank....@gmail.com> 515 490 2490