1st Letter from Jessica shared on Facebook from Bill Quigley

Frank Cordaro

Nov 2, 2021, 12:30:25 PM11/2/21
to Iowa Peace List
-------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bill Quigley <quig...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 10:10 AM

BREAKING: As Joe Biden talks of being a climate leader at #COP26 in Glasgow we received our first letter & update from #JessicaReznicek for the people. Jessica is a climate / water protector political prisoner in the U.S. who was labeled a terrorist just months ago by the US government for her nonviolent action against #DAPL. she asked we share this with all of you!

“10-29-21 Hello Dear Friends! I am reaching back out to you to express gratitude for your love and support. These are without doubt difficult times, but your kindness helps to soften the blow. The human spirit certainly is resilient and with your prayers and friendship I am able to overcome obstacles much more gratefully.

A few updates in my world: Through the help of many supporters I am excited to say I have sent out my admissions form to the University of Colorado and in January plan to be enrolled in B.S. Sociology program.

I've been approved to volunteer at snow shoveling this coming winter. I'm so happy to very soon be getting outdoors more!

In 2 weeks I'll be completing a tutoring program and will soon be tutoring my fellow inmates in GED classes, creative writing, empowering women courses and more. Great opportunity for me given so many obstacles.

I am making progress in being accepted into the PAWS program. I am currently being recommended to fill a position that will be opening in January. The new puppies will be arriving at the end of December.

As for hobbie I'm drawing a lot and learning to play the piano. Super peace-giving pastimes.

Anyway, I love you all. I truly do. I am human, so it would be dishonest to not share the other side of things. I'm battling depression and at times still in shock about where I am and for how long I'll be here. One day at a time! Thank you again for your prayers and love, Peace, Jessica Reznicek”

—-
Please continue to share Jessica’s story as her appeal & petition move forward!

“Water Protectors not Terrorists. Free Jessica Reznicek” T-Shirts:

Jess on swing.5.JPG